Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gilroy Family Reunion


On Wednesday Aug. 13th we went to Timberlakes to stay in a cabin for five days with my family. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins in and around the cabin but especially in the Hot Tub! However we did manage to make it out of the cabin to see some of the sights like Cascade Springs. Austin, Lynne, and I were curious about the water so Lynne helped Austin reach down to touch it. It was mountain cold. I was thinking it would be warm like a hot spring but it turns out the minerals that collect in the pools wash down from the mountain.

Erika and Doug rented a canoe from REI. Doug and Kimball took turns paddling the kids around the little lake in back of our cabin. I took a turn too and was very grateful, after seeing the water, that no one fell in!



3 comments:

Jenna Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Breanne said...

What is going on in this picture of Lynne?

Hugs from mom said...

Bre, Lynne is helping Austin touch the water. I thought I explained that before the picture but maybe you were just skimming? Hmmmm.