Friday, May 14, 2010

Cameron's New Room

Every so often I check KSL's classifieds for good deals. Lately I've been looking for bedroom furniture for Cameron. A few weeks ago I found an add for a cute little girl twin set that a mom had been saving for the future daughter it turned out she never had. It had been her bedroom set when she was little but with four sons she thought it was time to move on. I looked at her name and location and thought, "I know a lady with that name... that lives around here... with four boys." It turns out it was a good friend of mine. It was fun to call her and tell her I wanted the furniture she was selling online.

Ryan and I went and picked it up a few Saturdays ago. How often do you have someone offer you less than they were originally asking? I was thrilled and as soon as we got home Cameron and I headed to Home Depot to buy new knobs and paint. Who knew knobs were so expensive. And who knew it was going to be soooo much work to paint the darn things! I primed it twice, did three coats of white, one coat of faux glaze, and then trim around the drawers (don't look too closely at that ). We finally moved it into Cameron's room a week after we got it but I think it turned out really nice.


6 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

Very Nice! I particularly like the attractive box on top of the dresser. ;-)

Breanne said...

Beautiful!

Nikki Jenson said...

Its Kismet! Like it was totally meant to be! I love it!

Dani said...

Looks great! I love projects like that! :)

Amy said...

I love all the white!

Karen said...

Oh my word Lauren!!! It turned out SO CUTE!!! I am way excited to see it all cute and loved like that! Great job on it!