Monday, May 24, 2010

I Love You the Yellowest

For Mother's Day Dallin wrote me this poem (yellow happens to be my favorite color):

I love you, Mom, the yellowest.

I love you the color of sun, as it rises cheerfully on
a summer morning. I love you the color of gold
fish as they dart around happily in a pond. I love
you the color of daffodils, in full bloom, swaying
calmly in the breeze.

I love you the color of laughter around a campfire.
I love you the color of joyful, buzzing bees in the
meadow. I love you the color of sweet, ripe
lemons on a lemon tree.

I love you the color of the wind as it blows with
you on a bike.
I love you the color of ripe, juicy apples ready to
be picked.
I love you the color of excited, springy fireflies on
a warm summer night.

I love you, Mom, the yellowest.

(Yes, it made me cry.)

8 comments:

Jacque said...

That is so sweet!

Here at home said...

That made me cry. How sweet. I love it.

Nikki Jenson said...

Well now I'm crying too!

Ross and Kathy said...

I'M IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!

Karin said...

It made me teary too! What a good kid!(:

Barney Family said...

Wow--you've got a talented little writer on your hands!!

Christy said...

That is so sweet. What a wonderful gift!

Dani said...

So cute! Things like that make being a mom SOOOOO worth it! :)