Friday, July 2, 2010

Dallin's A Genius

We've been having a problem lately with ants getting into the cat's food dish in our laundry room. I usually get a few ants in there in the summer time and was wondering how bad it would get now that we had the cat's food in there. It got worse than I thought. Dallin was great about changing the cat's food at night and squishing the little buggers but he was also telling me that we needed to do something about it. I suspect he wasn't enjoying the nightly chore. I was clueless as to what to do about it, though. Then one night, after cleaning up more ants, he came to me and said, "I know how to solve the ant problem." He then gave me an elaborate description of how we could fill a bowl with water and put the cat's food in a smaller bowl then balance it on some tubes inside the bigger bowl with water. I kind of looked at him like "that's way to complicated" but something about the bowl of water sounded like a good idea. So I put the cats food in a smaller dish and placed it inside a larger dish with water and waited to see what happened. The next day there were two dead ants in the water. The day after that no ants and I haven't seen an ant ever since. Holy Cow! My son is a genius!

2 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

Must have good genes.

Ryan said...

I don't know. He doesn't mind doing dishes so it's a good mix :)