Thursday, February 17, 2011

What Do You Do When Half Your Kids Are Sick?

answer... make cookies.

Cameron stayed home from school most of the week last week.  I was surprised and worried when she could barely get out of bed Friday morning but decided to just let her stay home and rest so she could get through the rest of her performances.  Then Austin woke up with a fever and I realized it was going to be a sick day.  I made quesadillas for lunch that stunk up the house and decided it was the perfect day to make yummy smelling cookies.  Just what the doctor ordered right?


While I made the cookies Eden and Austin filled out their valentines.


Austin was fading fast, though.  He crept downstairs to put this jacket on over his pj's because he was freezing (feverish).  Then he slumped over my computer and played games for a little bit.  But even that didn't last long.


Next thing I knew I had three kids asleep in the living room.




Austin told me he was going to take a nap on the couch and then he actually did.  That's when you know your little wild child is really sick.  Poor thing.  Just to clarify, though, little Evelyn is not sick.  So far so good.  She just sleeps a lot.

3 comments:

Barney Family said...

Oh, me and matti and merri are sick, too. Worst cold I've had in at least 2 years. Blahhh. Hope you guys get better soon.

Ross and Kathy said...

Looks like a really comfy sick ward - with home made cookies. Next time I get sick I'm comming to your house.

Jacque said...

All four of mine are sick this week... well, Ella's not technically sick, just recovering from her tonsils coming out. But I wish mine slept like yours! Ian's the only one sleeping extra, the rest just run around being very ornery!