Monday, January 21, 2013

Beach Day

Man do I wish I were here right now. Yes, I'm back to getting caught up with my blog. It's a whopping 3 degrees outside and a holiday but we are definitely staying home. And what would I rather be doing while my kids are playing with friends? Certainly not the dishes. Although I may have to pause occasionally to take Evelyn to the bathroom. She's been potty training for four days now and doing pretty good.

Anyway, let's go back in time to September 13th. It was warm and sunny and we were in California at the beach. We met up with Ryan's sister Deb and family, her sister in law Allison and family, and my friends the Hollye's and Barton's. It was a perfect day at the beach...

for friends,


and cousins,



and boogie boarding,





and unfortunately stepping on sting rays! Kiera and her dad Pete both stepped on sting rays and ended up with bloody feet. They went to the lifeguard station and got treated for it but it was pretty painful. I felt so bad for them.


We ended up packing up a little earlier than we were anticipating because the wind was insane. Even for us. Which is saying a lot considering the wind we're used to around here.


Later that night we met up with Brandon and Jackie and kids for dinner. It was a great day.

1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

I hate to say this - today Kathy and I took a walk. Kathy had on shorts and a sleaveless top; me, one short sleave shirt and jeans. I was sweating before we finished. Today's high was 80. It's been this way for several days and will stay warm through the week. Sorry.