Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Almost There...

Stay on target...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm just kind of proud of myself and thought I'd share my accomplishments as of late. Last Saturday I ran 4.75 miles in just under an hour. Whoopee! For me that's huge. I did it all without stopping and even ran up a major hill. I thought for sure I'd collapse at the top, but instead Leona Lewis' song came up on my ipod and I found myself singing along and running even faster. I'm sure you're all bummed you missed that.
Nevertheless, I'm excited that my shins haven't broken in two and that I can go farther, faster. (The Saturday before I did 4.5 miles in just over an hour, so I'm improving).

I'm looking forward to trying a couple of miles in Maui next week along the beach with "Beautiful Day" blaring in my ears.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You're going to Hawaii?! That is so awesome! Congrats on the miles...you are such a rock!

misha~sha-sha said...

I wish we were closer. I'd totally learn how to run with you. I am NOT a runner but I'd love to learn how to be one!

Dustin and Jamie said...

I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!