Monday, July 6, 2009

Big Fish

Dallin and Cameron are on the City swim team again this summer. I'm so proud of how well Dallin's doing this year. I take him to the hour long practices four times a week, then pick him up and drop off Cameron for the 45 min. practices. It's a busy schedule but I've noticed Dallin has improved a lot in his technique and I'm so proud of him. He's even starting to get the flip turns, yay.

Sometimes, it's so hard to get a good picture of them. Dallin's improved his freestyle by about 9 seconds over last year. Unfortunately, this week wasn't a strong improvement over last week but the poor kid has had a cough for the past 3 weeks! Swimming is probably one of the hardest things to do when you have a cough. But I'm impressed that none of his times were slower despite struggling for breath.

I did take him to the doctor after this meet. His lungs are clear but the doctor thinks he might have some kind of Respiratory Airway Disease or a mild form of asthma. We're trying a medicine this week to see if it helps. So far, I haven't seen a big difference, but Dallin's still swimming. What a trooper.
This was his first race doing Butterfly. Not his favorite stroke but he pushed through.

This was more like it. Of course Dallin likes Breastroke, he's my son isn't he. Lookin' good!


Finally, Dallin swam in the Freestyle medley relay. His team was awesome and they took second against Pleasant Grove by a hair! It was so close.

No comments: