Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Fond Reunion

The night after the retreat I was able to get together with my college roommate Missy. I haven't seen her in years and it was really fun to get caught up. She said something that has been ringing in my head. She said when she first met me I had my whole life planned out; my major, my mission, temple marriage, etc. I thought that was a very true statement but my second thought was "I see a curve ball coming in my future." I have been thinking lately how wonderful everything is right now. We're happy, healthy, and content with life, all according to my master plan. But life tends to throw me for a loop every once in a while and I feel it coming.

4 comments:

Here at home said...

OH man! Do you worry about that, too? I always think I've got it so good. I know it can't last forever, though. Yikes.

Nikki Jenson said...

Lauren, we all have those feelings, all of us. 'Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.' And rejoice in your joy and happiness! Thats the best we can expect from ourselves!

Sharon said...

I'm lurking on your blog, Lauren!

The dream car was a Nissan Pathfinder, right?

Kelly M said...

Change is lurking around the corner! Whatever God gives you, YOU can handle it!