Saturday, January 23, 2010

More Crazy

In my exploration to see what I'm capable of I decided this week that I would run to my friend's house in Elk Ridge. I was thinking last night that the weather would be too bad but the skies were clear today so I went for it. To be perfectly honest I admit I didn't run the whole way. It was 9.23 miles with an ascent of 1200 feet and a descent of 584 feet. So I was pretty much running uphill most of the way. Which is why I wasn't able to run the whole way. But I still did it, slowly but surely. Ryan decided to try it too. He left a little while after I did and ran the whole way! He did it in 1 hour 35 min! I'm crazy but he's amazing!

My opinion about this run is that it was one of the hardest things I've done next to climbing Timp. Everything hurts! Would I recommend it to a friend? Yeah probably, if they're up for a little torture! I did lose a pound and a half since this morning so that's some extra incentive. My friend thinks I'll get better each time I do it but that means I would have to do it again and right now I think that's a little too crazy, even for me.

No comments: