Monday, February 8, 2010

Smartwool

Please don't mind the scary picture but there's something interesting going on here. When I went running a couple of Saturdays ago it was 14 degrees outside. I went 10 miles. It took me a long time (as usual) but for once I wasn't freezing. When I got home I noticed drops of water falling to the floor. I told Ryan I couldn't figure out where they were coming from. He grabbed my hair (gently :) ) and tried to show me. It was frozen! Then he took a picture thinking I could see it better that way. I couldn't but thought I'd post it anyway just for the memory. The secret for staying warm in 14 degree weather with frozen hair is... Smartwool...

The night before we stopped by Runners Corner in Orem and I asked the guy there if there was any way to stay warm when I run because I'm tired of getting cold once I start to sweat. He told me about a product called Smartwool. Most people buy their socks but they also sell base layer shirts. I bought one of the shirts to try out and felt very skeptical because I have several "wicking" base shirts and I still freeze. Well, all I can say now is Smartwool works. I could definitely smell the wool once I started to sweat but I didn't care because I was warm. It is so great to be able to run farther and longer without feeling uncomfortably cold. I've even worn this shirt now on cold days just around the house because I always seem to be freezing. It's great stuff. So, if you tend to get cold easily, like me, especially when you run, try Smartwool. (I should totally get paid for this plug). :)

2 comments:

Nikki Jenson said...

Nicely done! I am almost sold (except I don't run in the cold - hello!)

Ross and Kathy said...

AHHHHHHHH that sounds great - your body stays nice and warm while you run in sub-freezing temperatures. The problem as I see it is that your face might suffer from frostbite.