Thursday, March 17, 2011

Growing Like A Weed

To celebrate Evelyn's 2 month birthday the flowers my dad and his sweet wife Kathy sent me bloomed!  These amaryllis flowers arrived as just sprouts but have been growing like crazy, just like my baby girl (but we'll get to her in a moment).  The flowers are over 2 feet tall and are absolutely stunning.  They have been such a pleasure to have by adding a little life and color to this dreary time of year.



Now as for my big, beautiful baby... she was 13.2 lbs and 24 inches at her checkup which put her in the 97% for her height and weight.  She keeps outgrowing the cute baby clothes we bought for her.  It's sad to put away some outfits that she never even had a chance to wear...





But who can really complain when you have a baby that is just so darn Happy all the time!

7 comments:

Nikki Jenson said...

Lauren, she is so beautiful!

Dani said...

She is so cute! I love those pictures! :)

Ross and Kathy said...

If it had been up to your Dad, chances are you wouldn't have those beautiful flowers. His totally sweet wife had been suggesting flowers for weeks before the baby was born and finally openned the website, pointed and said, "Buy these for Lauren". I did as I was told.
Evelyn looks really healthy - what are you feeding her anyway?

Ryan said...

This is just what I needed to see while I'm away. I miss my family and Evelyn is absolutely beautiful!

Amberlyn said...

Both the flowers and the baby are bright and cheery and a currently dreary world.

Evelyn is a beautiful baby. You are one lucky Mama!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby, Lauren. All you babies are beautiful and thank you for sharing your blog with me.

The Lowe Fam said...

That last picture of Evelyn smiling is the best! She just makes me so happy when I see her smile.....I can't imagine what she does to you when you see her smile! You have been so blessed!! Miss you guys!