Monday, July 2, 2012

Life Goes On

It's been a while since I last blogged, about six weeks, pretty much the time it's taken for my hand to heel so I can type again. I'd like to blame it on how busy we've been but the biggest deterrent was the thought of chipping away at the keyboard with only one hand. Obviously, I'm doing much better but we'll get to that soon.

Ryan took the week after my accident off of work to help with Evelyn since the kids were all still in school. I realized there was so little that I could do. I couldn't change Evelyn's diapers or get her dressed. I couldn't cook any meals and had a really hard time just getting myself dressed. Looking back it was a more difficult week than I realized at the time. I was trying to be tough but I was in a lot of pain. Mostly from the road rash. There were a lot of things that went by the wayside that week because Ryan was still trying to work from home. I normally don't let Evelyn wander around trailing snacks behind her but had to get a picture when it happened anyway because I wasn't in much of a position to fight her on it.


On May 24th I made it to another one of Austin's tball games. They are just too cute to miss.





We went as a family and sometimes brought a few tag alongs.





1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

Good to see you're back among the living - almost. Looking forward to lots more news. Austin is pretty darn cute - so's Evelyn - and Cameron too.