Friday, February 22, 2013

Las Vegas Ragnar

On November 9 and 10 Ryan and I ran the Las Vegas Ragnar with 5 other great couples. Our van had us, the Turners and the Mickelsens. We were in van 2 so we started around noon on Friday. It was an intensely windy day which made everyone's runs very challenging.


Ryan was our first runner.


Van 2 consisted of the Marshalls, the Martins and the Monroes.


All 3 of Ryan's runs were uphill. Good thing he's tough.












I was runner 6. My first run wasn't until about 6 pm. My first two runs were in the dark. Good thing I'm used to it.





Our middle of the night runs started at midnight with Ryan running 8 miles uphill into the wind. It was about 40 degrees. Like I said, he's tough. I finished our second run with an 8.5 mile run downhill heading back into Vegas. The view was pretty cool and I felt good. Unfortunately, I got back to our hotel to wired to get any sleep.

Both vans met up before our last run on Saturday. We started around 10:30 am. It was a beautiful sunny day with little wind.














The clouds, wind, and cold came back just in time for my last run. Ugh. Good thing Kelly brought extra warm blankets in her van.







It was pretty fun to be the last runner and come flying into the finish!



All of us got double medals for finishing two Ragnars in 2012. Since we did Wasatch back and Vegas we got the Saints and Sinners medal. It has a bottle opener on one end for Beer and a bottle opener on the other end for Root Beer!



Overall, Ryan and I had a really great time. The course itself wasn't as good as Wasatch Back but we really enjoyed doing it with other couples and especially with each other.

1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

WOW! That makes me tired just thinking about it. More power to you guys.