Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 5 Mesa Verde, Spruce Tree House and Cliff Palace


So, you have to buy tickets to see the more difficult cliff dwellings. They are guided tours at specific times. We had tickets to see The Balcony House at 1:30 and then The Cliff Palace at 3:30. We figured we had enough time in between to see this Spruce Tree House that was only a mile round trip. Well, we were running a little short on time so I put Austin on my shoulders and Ryan put Eden on his and we hoofed it back up the trail. At 7,000 feet elevation my lungs were screaming and so were my calves. But we made it, barely.


By the time we were done with the tour of Cliff Palace Eden was a master of these wood ladders. She says, "take my picture mom, these ladders aren't so hard anymore."

Our opinion of Mesa Verde. Cool. A must see, but be prepared for some death defying climbs and impressive views.

No comments: