Monday, November 10, 2008

Bah Humbug


I went to Sam's Club today to pick up a few groceries with Eden and Austin. It wasn't until I was almost done that I noticed my stomach was tied up in knots. At first I thought I had the flu again so I stopped and paused to see what the problem was. That's when I noticed it, Christmas music, "NOOOOO!" I felt the panick attack coming on. Instantly my mind started turning over everything I need to do and what should I get the kids and when am I supposed to put up decorations, ...

I've never left Sam's Club so fast. Just thinking about Christmas causes me anxiety. Even though I'm a highly organized person and tend to get everything taken care of well in advance, it's just the idea of it ALL that is so daunting. I know I stress too much about trying to get the perfect gift and the best deal. Someday I might learn to actually enjoy the holiday. But that's why I go on the Retreat in January. To recover from my anxieties of the previous two months.

But personally, I wish they could hold off on the Christmas music until after Thanksgiving at least.

1 comment:

misha~sha-sha said...

True confessions of a perfectionist, right? But I agree completely. Can't they at least wait until I get my Halloween decorations put away?