Sunday, November 16, 2008

One Of The Boys



The other day Dallin's friends came over to play. Things were getting a little rough so Dallin thought it would be better if they "took it outside." (Oh, my thoughtful son.) Anyway, Austin was ecstatic that he would get to go outside and play with all these boys. I got his warm jacket on and then he went in the garage to get the soccer ball. That's cute, I thought.

A few minutes later I heard, "Guys!" "Guys!" and then crying. I opened the back door and Austin said through tears,"These kids not play bouncy ball with me!" I looked at the boys and asked if any of them would mind kicking the soccer ball with Austin for a few minutes.

I was so impressed with their response. Immediately these sweet boys went to the other side of the yard and took turns kicking the ball with Austin. They didn't play it down, either, but really got into it with sideswiping kicks and "goal" shots (meaning they hit the fence). But Austin was so proud. They really made him feel like he was one of the boys.

I'm so glad my son has good friends who are thoughtful and helpful. I know Austin looks up to all of these boys and I'm proud that they have made such a good impression on him.

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

Thanks for sharing. I made sure Treygan got to see this post!