Saturday, January 24, 2009

"This Is The Meaning Of Our Life"

A little while ago Austin was begging Ryan to take him outside. It's about 40 degrees and raining cats and dogs. We've even had thunder and lightning. Needless to say, Ryan wasn't feeling inclined. But it's hard to resist a persistent Austin.

I could tell Ryan actually had a good time on their little walk. He said when they saw lightning, and heard the thunder just seconds after, Austin dropped his umbrella and started looking around. Ryan had to remind him that the umbrella was needed to keep him from getting wet.

When they came back in the house Ryan said, "this is the meaning of our life." After finishing that book yesterday, Man's Search for Meaning, I thought his point was well made.

5 comments:

Brigette-boo said...

I love your reading your blog. that is so sweet.

Do you think that book is to old to read to kids? I told Olivia a short version of the book and she loved it. I think she related to the character the same way I did...what do you think?

Hugs from mom said...

I just had Cameron start reading it today. It is such a sweet story. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll let you know what she thought. Are you on Goodreads?

Skyler said...

What a cute dad. It is fun to see your new street. I want to see a picture of your new house!

Jill said...

What a great father!

misha~sha-sha said...

So perfect! That's a great story.