Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Dog's Life

We have a very large black dog next door that stands on his dog house which puts him just high enough to jump in our backyard. I haven't actually caught him in the act but I have seen him running around the neighborhood so I know it happens. But everytime the kids or I go into the backyard he jumps on his house and hangs as much of his body over the fence as possible, drooling. It was a little unsettling at first but now I hardly notice anymore. Until today.

I went outside to collect fall leaves with our little preschool group. We were on a leaf hunt. As we came around the side of the house where the dog was he jumped up on his house, as usual, with a HUGE chunk of pumpkin in his mouth! That caught me off guard. Then he THREW it at me! Like he wanted to play catch, with a pumpkin! Uh, ewww, no thanks. I carefully picked up the very slimy, slightly molded pumpkin chunk and lobbed it back over the fence. Then I quickly gathered the children and headed to the far side of the yard. Fortunately, the next time the dog jumped up he left the pumkin behind.

No comments: