Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

We got to go to the pumpkin patch twice this year! The first time was with Austin's preschool group on the 19th and then with Eden's preschool group on the 22nd. The first day was one of those blustery fall days with dark clouds building on the horizon. It had that creepy fall feeling to it.

As we were walking up to the wagon for our ride to the pumpkin patch I noticed the ground "moving". After a second look I realized it was something large and brown moving along the ground. A group of us were beginning to gather around it and I think it sunk in all at the same time as we all gasped, "it's a tarantula!" Someone said they heard there were a lot in that area but to actually see one was more fall "creepy" than I needed. I had chills for hours. (Sorry I just couldn't bring myself to take a picture. That was one spider I don't want to remember).



Austin found his pumpkin right away and insisted on carrying it himself all over the patch. It dropped more than once but somehow survived.
Eden and I picked out pumpkins for Dallin and Cameron since we weren't going to get a chance to come as a family this year. (Two preschool trips to Santaquin were enough for me).
Austin has the sweetest kids in his preschool group. I really enjoy taking my turn teaching once every few weeks.

The day of Eden's fieldtrip was a little busy. While Austin went to preschool Eden came to the elementary school with me so I could sort the entries for our Reflections contest this year. Unfortunately it took me two hours. Eden entertained herself by taking pictures with my camera!


Then it was off to Santaquin again. It was a perfect day - no wind, no storms, and especially no taranutlas.

For some reason we didn't get to go to the regular pumpkin patch. Instead we went to this one with mini pumpkins. Eden seemed just as happy with the cute little pumpkin she found, though.
After picking a pumpkin we all got to walk through the apple orchard and pick an apple to enjoy on the way back. We also got to step on lots of apples as we walked. It was unavoidable, they were everywhere. But the fresh ones were tasty.

Eden's preschool group with her teacher Mrs. Allison.

After both trips to the pumpkin patch the kids got to come back to the Big Red Barn and have doughnuts - twice in one week! Lucky!

2 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

These Kids are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. Makes me think I ought to have one around as a pet. I need a reality check. Remind me of how much trouble they can get into. Kathy says we ought to have a dog, but I don't want that much trouble either. Oh well, just keep sending photos.

Hugs from mom said...

Yesterday I offered the lady at the grocery store a two for one when she said my kids were cute. I said she could have both for the price of one and the first would be free too. They were driving me nuts! Just enjoy the blogs, its less stressful.