Sunday, June 27, 2010

Memorial Day

On Memorial Day we went for a little family bike ride then got cleaned up and headed to the cemetery to put flowers on Lilian's grave. It was a gorgeous day and the kids enjoyed walking around and looking at all the flowers.

That afternoon my family came over for a BBQ. It was good to see Uncle Doug, who recently had major surgery. To be honest, I was shocked at how grey his cheeks and lips still were and to see how much weight he had lost. He had the surgery over a month ago but still looked weak. It breaks my heart to think of what he's gone through but I think the surgery was very successful and I'm so happy to know he's still here with his family. My kids still pray for him everyday. They love their Uncle Doug; his hugs, his teasing, and his amazing stories. I know they want to see him back to his old self, cancer and pain free.

No comments: