Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Secret

Here's part of an email I got from my mother-in-law...

Your children were so precious today! They could hardly contain themselves but they did for a couple of hours! Then it all spilled out. First, as soon as they came in the door and started playing with the blocks in the window, they said they had a secret and could not tell it. I guessed immediately. I asked if the secret would come out later and they said yes, but they could not tell. I said, well that is not fair to tell me you have a secret and then not tell it. But the subject was changed and they did not spill the beans. Then after playing with puzzles and going to all four parks in the neighborhood, we stopped in the kitchen to have a snack of popsicles. When they were almost through eating they remembered that they had a secret they could not tell. Eden said, " When mommy's tummy gets big everyone will know." Then Austin said," Mommy's going to have a baby! Oops, I told!" and he covered his mouth and ducked his head. Then they both said very adamantly, "Don't tell Mommy we told you!"


6 comments:

Barney Family said...

So cute!

Stephanie T said...

AHHH!!! That is so cute!

I am so happy for you guys. So much for you having a bunch of free time next year with the kids nearly in school:-) I knew you would stay busy!

PS- Ken says congratulations too. I totally screamed when I read you post. He can't believe how much the kids have grown.

Ross and Kathy said...

So, is this going to be a 2010 baby or a 2011 baby? Inquiring minds want to know!

misha~sha-sha said...

YAY! Congratulations! When are you due? More information please! Are you feeling okay? And I LOVE how your kids told. So cute!

Amy said...

That is awesome! Your kids really are great...your pictures will be coming soon!

Breanne said...

Cute!