Friday, September 24, 2010

Blog - O - Rama

So I just put up a bunch of posts covering the last month of our busy family's life.  I don't usually do such a large chunk at once but this is always such a hectic time of year and I figured if I didn't get it done now it was just going to keep piling up.  We've been busy but we've also had some wonderful times together as a family.  I feel really grateful for my wonderful children.  Being pregnant it's hard to do all the things for them that I would like to do.  But it's been nice to have some special time together lately that they'll hopefully remember better than the tired, crabby lady I tend to be most of the time now.

I just want to make mention that amongst all the fun we've been having I've also gotten a lot of work done.  Mostly, canning.  Our peach tree ripened and I did 40 jars of peaches the day before we left for St. George.  Then this week I did 19 jars of peach/raspberry jam (for those of you who were waiting for that for Christmas last year and didn't get it) and then 24 jars of pears which seemed like the most work of all since they were tiny. I also managed to freeze two ziploc bags of peeled and pitted peaches for use in smoothies.  Then I had to clean it all up to get the house ready for company this weekend.  Canning is a lot of messy work but I feel a huge sense of accomplishment for making the most of this harvest season.  We've already enjoyed some peach crisp (that Ryan made) and pears with dinner.  We still have quite a few red delicious apples on another tree outside and this year they're huge!  The kids love them.  And I love free fruit!

5 comments:

Barney Family said...

wow--and my kids have had bean and cheese burritos every day this week for lunch and dinner!

Jacque said...

Wow, that all sounds sooo delicious. I need to buy a house that comes with free fruit!

Ross and Kathy said...

Isn't the church logo a bee hive? Seems like that should be the Smith logo too.

Nikki Jenson said...

Dad thinks hes so funny! I just gasped at how much you have done this year. Brent and I only did 20 jars of tomatoes and I was ready to kill Brent for making me do them... begrudgingly the whole time!

Brigette-boo said...

I am amazed at how big your kids are getting! in my mind time should have stood still since I left there...lol. Way to go with the canning! I can't believe you did so much in one day and still got the house ready for company all while pregnant...wonderwoman alert right here! You are so amazing!