Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tarzan


My flies on the wall.  Just kidding.  I couldn't resist.  Last weekend we went to St. George to see Tarzan at the Tuacahn theater.  It was amazing.  The kids were absolutely enchanted.  Poor Austin was so tired at the end but he just didn't want to miss anything.  It was such a fun show!  The only downside was that it was at least 90 degrees.  I had no idea it was going to be that hot.  Pregnant ladies don't like hot.


On our way down to St. George we stopped at Cove Fort.  I've driven up and down the I15 countless times but have never stopped there.  We all really enjoyed the tour of the Fort and had a nice picnic lunch there before heading the rest of the way south.

On our way home on Saturday we stopped in Cedar City for lunch.  We chose a Japanese place called Ninja.  It was one of the best experiences I've had at a restaurant.  Mostly because the little Japanese lady serving us fell in love with Austin.  He had fallen asleep just before we got there and was crabby when we went to sit down.  She wanted to make him happy so bad that she kept giving him free stuff; free miso soup (with ice in it), free California rolls, a refill on apple juice (you know that's never free), and then on the way out a whole handful of mint candies.  In addition to that she told me how to prepare the package of Miso soup Ryan brought me from Japan and then gave me a small container of seaweed to put in my soup.  It was crazy how nice this lady was.  But the food was also great.  So, was Austin happy when we left?  You bet!  It only took a few minutes for her lavish attention to get him smiling and we all had a great lunch together.  Then Ryan went to Wal Mart and bought Tarzan for the kids to watch on the way home.  Eden's watched it almost every day since.

It was a perfect weekend.

3 comments:

Barney Family said...

How Nice!!!!

Jacque said...

That's awesome, now I know how to get on Austin's good side... ;)

Shaun & April said...

Just got home from seeing the plays, LOVED Tarzan!