Friday, August 26, 2011

Austin's Birthday

We celebrated Austin's birthday on Sunday July 24th since there was a big swim meet on the 27th.  Austin really wanted a Tron birthday cake and unfortunately for me Tron party decorations, particularly cake toppers, are no longer available.  If it were Cars 2 it would have been easy.  So this is my effort at making a Tron cake for Austin's birthday using frosting (because I have no idea how to work with fondant), a little fruit roll up, and one of Austin's Tron motorcycles.


I overheard Austin telling his buddy the other day that he had the best birthday cake ever.  He told his friend that I made him a Tron cake and that I'm an artist and it was Awesome!  That made me so happy.


Austin had a lot of fun with his cousin Alex at the reunion and wanted to invite him to his party since it was his year to have a family party.  We invited my mom and my sister Jacque and her family over for dinner and a little party.



Evelyn's started doing this really cheesy smile where she closes her eyes and breathes really fast through her nose.  It's so cute but hard to get a picture of.




Austin has always been a man of many facial expressions.


Evelyn learned to wave "hi" during Austin's party!


She also got to play with her cousin Ian.  Ian is about 9 months older.  They had a lot of fun putting a ball in this red cup.


3 comments:

Karin said...

I totally think you are an artist too!! I think the cake looks great!

Ross and Kathy said...

That looks like a great Birthday Party and terrific cake. Good job Lauren.

Breanne said...

That is so cute what he said about your cake! Looks great!