Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Swim Team

Every summer my kids participate on the city swim team.  This was Dallin's first summer not doing swim team because he would have missed 4 weeks out of the 8 due to vacation, 2 scout camps, and a camp at the U.

Cameron was a diehard though and got up 4 mornings a week at 5:30 am to swim from 6-7:30!  I am so proud of her for her committment.  One night just after Ryan and I went to bed but were still awake talking Cameron came in dressed in her swimsuit and sweats, all ready for me to braid her hair and put her cap on!  I told her it was only 10:30 pm and she had only been in bed for an hour and she needed to go back to bed.  She looked at me with so much confusion and slowly made her way back to bed.



This was Eden's first year to participate on the swim team.  She really did great.  I have to hand it to Juleen Whitney, though, because she does a great job teaching kids how to swim.  She got Eden ready for the swim team in just two months.  Eden swam in the 6 and under category, which is a pretty small group of kids, but from the start she won just about every race she swam.  I was so impressed and had no idea she was so athletic.



This is Cameron diving in for her relay.  These pictures were taken at the Provo swim meet.  Provo has an indoor pool so it's really hard to get a good picture.  I should have taken more pictures throughout the summer but I was too busy watching the girls' exciting races.


The kids have to get up pretty early to be at the Saturday swim meets so I think they all enjoyed a relaxing afternoon on July 9th.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Great pictures! Cameron looks just like a fish!

Ross and Kathy said...

I laughed pretty hard about Cameron sleep walking. I can see why you are so proud of them.