Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Smith Family Reunion

We went to Lake Powell for Ryan's family reunion this year.  We headed down to St. George Sunday night and spent the night at his Uncle Randy's house with his sister Deb and her family.  The kids had a lot of fun playing in Randy's huge backyard and swimming super late.  Austin swam until 10:30!  He was so happy about that.

The next day we headed to Lone Rock campground at Lake Powell.  Most of Ryan's family camped right on the beach but we chose to rent a house in Page with his sister so the little ones could get a good night's sleep.

We still spent plenty of time on the beach.  The kids got to take turns riding on Uncle Rich's boat, wave runners with Dad, and cliff jumping!  I wish I had pictures of all the amazing things my kids did in those couple of days. 

I was so glad I at least walked over to watch the kids cliff jumping.  Cameron was fearless and jumped right off the highest point.  There's some debate over exactly how high it was but the standing number for now is 35 feet.



Kale


Kolby


Dallin


Cameron


Me
(well, I couldn't let my kids show me up, could I?)

Ryan and I took a turn on Rich's boat and I actually got up on skis on my second try.  I can't remember the last time I waterskiid but it's definitely been at least 5 years.  Ryan of course got up several times.  But the one I was most impressed with was Eden.  She got up on the knee board in a matter of seconds and rode until they told her she had to stop so someone else could try it.  I tried that knee board thing and went right over the top!  But it was perfect for her and so cute to see her waving as they rode by.

Austin conquered a few fears and jumped off the boat into the lake.  All it took was one try and he was hooked.  It was hard to keep him on the boat after that.  And I guess Eden even managed some cliff jumping but I wasn't able to see her do it.  It was a little tricky being on a beach all day with a very hot and tired baby that wouldn't nap.  

Everyone had so much fun spending time with their cousins, playing endlessly in the water, and eating great food!



2 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

Pretty cool. And beautiful scenery too.

Jacque said...

yeah, sounds fun! there's something odd about seeing your child floating in mid-air, though i think...