Friday, August 5, 2011

Dirty Girl (Run)

Last January a few weeks after Evelyn was born I signed up for my first race, the first annual Dirty Girl Run at Wheeler Farm.  It looked like so much fun and good incentive to get me moving after having the baby.  Then I got suckered into a triathlon and had to really get moving.  But I was so excited to find out a few months ago that a whole bunch of my friends signed up for the Dirty Girl Race too.  I joined their team the Muddy Mommas and partnered up with my friend Kelly to do a relay.

The race was bright and early Saturday July 2nd.  We were in Heat 1 Wave 1 which was great.  It was still cool and not too crowded.


Not all of our team was here yet but can you believe they got me to wear a costume?  


Me and Kelly



It was only a 2 mile run (if you were doing the relay) with about 5 or 6 obstacles.  I was having so much fun.




Okay, so I didn't enjoy actually crawling through the mud.  But we also had to climb over a wall, jump through tires, hop along hay bales, run through a river, crawl under a net draped with bras, and climb over a net.  I liked all of those.


By the end of the two miles I was surprised at how "not" dirty I was.  So, I decided to have some more fun...


And make sure everyone else got sufficiently dirty.


I don't even know who this girl was but we had a mud fight in that puddle.  I was laughing my head off while trying to keep the mud out of my mouth.


The mud fight continues.



Oh yeah!


Ryan ran around with Evelyn in the stroller and took about 150 pictures.  What a man!


When the other half of our team finished their 2 miles we all ran in together.


Is this not the coolest way to end a mud race or what!






I love these ladies and had so much fun doing this race with them.  I hope it becomes a new tradition!  This was the perfect therapy for the crazy busy summer I've had so far.

7 comments:

Amy said...

This is so awesome!!!

Ross and Kathy said...

So, now we know Lauren's dirty little secret. She keeps a very tidy home, but unbeknownst to everyone the rest of us she likes to play in the mud.

Breanne said...

These pictures are so totally awesome. I think the one of you crawling through the tunnel needs to be your new facebook profile picture. Or the one of you smiling covered in mud.

Breanne said...

Oh! It already is!

Adam said...

Awesome!

Autumn said...

Oh my gosh how much fun!

Britt said...

This looks like the funnest thing I've ever seen!!!