Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sourdough Loaves

I've been experimenting with different recipes and forms for my dough lately. Here are two boules I made with a lame (bread scoring tool) that I ordered from weekendbakery.com. which happens to be located in the Netherlands. I ended up ordering some very large plastic bowls from them too because I needed larger bowls for my dough to rise in and couldn't find any on amazon or any other place here in the states. Anyway, check out their website. They have great tips and recipes.


I also made these boules with a sourdough starter that I left out on my counter a little extra long and mixed with white flour instead of whole wheat. These loaves have 4 cups white flour and 2 cups whole wheat, 2 1/2 cups water, some salt and a little coconut oil, along with the sourdough starter of course. It's a fast and simple recipe but they were light and fluffy and definitely sour. They were a big hit.