Saturday, May 25, 2013

Spring Break, Sedona Arizona

On the last day of our trip we went to Sedona, Arizona. This is one of the most beautiful cities in the world to me. Although, I think everyone else feels that way too because it was packed. It's a super small town with narrow roads and they were covered bumper to bumper with cars. Bummer. Our first stop was the church built out of the rock. For some reason I never got a picture of the actual church. Probably because we were too busy checking out this amazing house just below the church. Cameron begged me to knock on their door and ask them if she could have her wedding reception there. Yeah, she's twelve.


The yard was amazing!


The church had some spectacular views that made for a few fun pictures.






Somehow we got Popeye in our picture.


After lunch we went to Slide Rock State Park. I remember coming here when I was 12 with Shannon and Roberta. I loved this place. It was so fun to take my kids. Unfortunately, it was so cold we didn't think it would be open for swimming so we didn't bring our suits.


But temptation got the better of all of us.



The water was only 50 degrees but I was able to convince Treygan to get in and try out the natural rock water slide. (I'm not too sure how happy Kelly was with me about that). But Treygan was all for it!




Eden fell in a few minutes later so we told her she might as well try the slide too. It took a little more coaxing with her than it did with Treygan.


And I think it was a little too deep for her too. Poor thing.




She only tried it once because the clouds came and the wind picked up and we had no towels or change of clothes for her. She shivered as we headed back to the car.


That night we convinced the older kids to babysit and we went to a really nice place for dinner. I wish I could remember what it was called. The food was fantastic. I got duck and loved it!


No comments: