Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Little Man...

is now a big kid! I can't believe it. I've been telling everyone because I'm so excited, so if you've already heard than I apologize. Our little man, Austin, is officially potty trained. Oh ya!

I started last Thursday with some much needed encouragement from Jen. (Thanks Jen). I bought Thomas and Diego underwear and left them at the store :(. So we got back in the car to get them and then we started potty training. The first day he had five accidents. Friday he had another five or six till I gave up and put pull-ups back on him in the afternoon. Saturday my ever so positive husband put the underwear back on and he went three times by himself before noon! Then he had an accident. Sunday he wore pullups to church but since they were dry when we got home we put underwear back on. He had one accident after dinner. Monday he wore underwear until it was time to go to Draper. I put pull ups on him and they were still dry when we got home. Yesterday no accidents at all and he doesn't even want me to help him anymore.

I'm in shock. It was so much harder with some of the other kids. I think Heavenly Father knew I just couldn't handle disastrous potty training right now. It's my least favorite part of having kids. I just couldn't be happier today and i'm so proud of Austin for being such a big boy.

5 comments:

Breanne said...

wow you just blew my mind.

misha~sha-sha said...

I seriously can't believe it. Potty training represents all of my least-effective parenting moments. ALL OF THEM...until I have teenagers! I am impressed and jealous and a teensy bit curious: how would you like to potty train Lincoln in about 2 years?

Jill said...

Wow! No more diapers! Congrats and way to go Austin!

Britt said...

I'm so impressed. And jealous.

J and J Haroldsen said...

NICE!! What a great phase to be done with!! I'm kind of jealous. Austin...you're the man!!