Friday, March 13, 2009

My "Favorite Things" Party

A few months ago I was telling a friend that I would like to have a party but wasn't really sure how. It seems most parties involve buying or selling something and I didn't want to have that kind of party. I just wanted to have some friends over and do something fun. So my friend mentioned having a "Favorite Things" party. Everyone was supposed to choose one of their favorite things, buy an extra one, wrap it, and bring it to the party. We had a type of white elephant gift exchange to distribute the presents. As each person opened their gift the one who brought it explained why it was their favorite thing. It was such a cute idea and so much fun. Some people had some really good ideas and I think I'll be purchasing a few new "favorite" things.

This was my idea for my favorite thing. They're little containers with magnets on the bottom so you can hang them up on a metal plate that can be installed in your kitchen cupboard or anywhere. I actually use them in my bathroom drawer to hold all the girls different size ponytails. I bought a thin metal plate to go along the side of the drawer to hold the little containers so they don't slide around. It's pretty handy.







I really had a lot of fun. Thank you so much Karla for your great idea and all your hard work.

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Lauren, Thanks that was a great night out...good friends...good food... and great favorite things! :)

Jacque said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to have a party!

Amy said...

How fabulous is that!

Jill said...

It was so great to get together. We need to do that more often. Thanks for being such a great hostess!

Britt said...

Ohhh... how fun! I would have loved that party. I might copy your idea.

Lori said...

I LOVE this idea! It is so great to see so many photos of ladies that I miss so much. And Lauren, you are always a great hostess! Miss you all.

How about a list of what all of the favorite things were???

J and J Haroldsen said...

It was great to just hang with some good friends. You are awesome. Love you!!