Monday, May 4, 2009

Dallin's Field Trip

Dallin's grade had a fieldtrip up Diamond Fork Canyon on Monday. We divided up by classes and then met with different representatives of the Forest Service to learn about trees, birds, river life, and archeology.

Here the kids were using binoculars to look at birds living in the big dead tree in the background. Ryan would have loved this group.

And here the kids put on waiders and sifted the river water looking for living things. Many of them caught small fish but some of them caught things I'd rather not remember live in our rivers.
The weather started out nice but turned cloudy and cold. I was glad I got to go with Dallin's class but couldn't wait to get back on the bus to warm up. I think of all the fieldtrips I've been on with the kids this was my favorite. It was interesting to learn about the wildlife and flaura/fauna right here around where we live.

No comments: