Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wild Nights

I wish I had a picture of this one for you. Austin woke up at 4 am last night. When I got upstairs to check on him he was sitting up in bed brandishing a plastic golf club straight up in the air. His pillow was on the floor and he was telling me he was ready to watch Dora. I told him it was the middle of the night, the sun wasn't up yet, and he needed to go back to bed. He refused, of course. So, I ended up carrying him back to bed with me where he slept soundly until 7:30.

I, on the other hand, was woken up again at 6:45 am by a fly buzzing around in my face (welcome to summer). Why do they do that anyway? This is all after I stayed up too late and was convinced to go to bed when I saw it was 11:30 pm, because that was when Eden fell out of bed and hit her mouth on her desk.

So, I'm hoping the kids got worn out enough playing in the sprinklers today that they'll sleep through the night out of sheer exhaustion. I know I'm exhausted.

By the way, when I got Austin dressed this morning I found two ping pong balls in his t-shirt drawer (which weren't there before he went to bed). What was he doing last night?

2 comments:

Breanne said...

maybe his t-shirts wanted to play ping pong.

Brigette-boo said...

lol. how funny. I am so ready for summer, but not the crazy kids late night part...