Saturday, November 24, 2012

Knotts Berry Farm

This trip to California we decided to go to Knotts Berry Farm instead of Disneyland. The kids had never been there before and we thought they might like some of the bigger roller coasters. It just so happened that our good friends the Barton's and the Holley's were there that week too so we all went together.

It was a hot, humid day but we practically had the place to ourselves.

Evelyn giving Snoopy a hug!


These two boys loved the Log Ride. They rode on it over and over again, without even getting off since there was no one in line. It reminded me so much of my brother Adam. When I was a little girl my dad took Adam and I to Knott's. After the very first ride, Montezuma's Revenge, we lost Adam. We found him 8 hours later on the log ride. He had been going back and forth between those two rides the whole time!




Some rides were a bit slower than I remembered but they were perfect for Evelyn.




Most of the big rides Evelyn had to sit out for. She had a lot of fun with other things, though.





The Barton's, the Smith's, and the Holley's


I'm not a fan of huge roller coasters anymore. I guess it's old age. But I was happy to take Evelyn on all the kiddy rides at Camp Snoopy. Meanwhile my 8 year old sat in the front row of the biggest, fastest, scariest roller coasters and loved every minute of it. It's nice to know my previous enthusiasm for wild rides lives on in some of my children.


Evelyn makes the silliest faces. It's almost impossible to get her to just smile.



Good thing Will and Alan were there to move Evelyn along.


One last ride before the park closed at 6 pm. It was a little early but I didn't mind. Without long lines we managed to get on every ride more than once. I think everyone got there fill.


2 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

What a great day - that Evelyn sure steals the show!

Nikki Jenson said...

Cute kids!