Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pioneer Day Extravaganza!

On July 24th Cameron ran her first 10k, 6.2 miles! 


She ran it with her long time friend Ryker Barton. They finished together in 1:07:58! That's better than my first two 10k finishes! It was so inspiring to watch them run in. I got all choked up. Ryan and I also ran the Speedy Spaniard. Ryan finished with a PR of 47:28 and I also finished with a PR of 57:27. Personally, I was amazed at myself. The only time I have ever run that fast was for 3 miles on a very flat course. I was thrilled but it was early and we had a busy day ahead of us...


We quickly headed home and picked up the rest of the family and crowded in along Center St. to watch the local Pioneer Day parade. Our hometown parade is a little shorter on floats then most other parades.


But the kids love it because all the entries, no matter what they're driving, throw out lots of candy and popsicles!


Cameron was even in the parade this year with the kids that won the TERRIFIC award. The poor girl just ran 6.2 miles and then she had to walk another 2.5! In flip flops no less.


We didn't stay for the whole parade because Ryan's family was meeting at Lincoln Beach for a day on the lake. We ran home and grabbed lunch and snacks, chairs and umbrellas, swimsuits and who knows what else and headed to the beach.



Poor Uncle Stu hurt his back. Good thing I had my extra comfy lawn chair.


Uncle Rich took families water skiing out on the lake. When it was finally our family's turn the wind picked up and created waves to big for skiing. We still had plenty of excitement when the waves crashed over the front of the boat and drenched us all.






It was a great day but I have to admit I was grateful for the thunder and lightning that showed up just after dinner. The rain sent us scrambling to load all of our stuff but it was nice to get home and rest a little before the fireworks.

1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

WOW Cameron is awesome. Mom & Dad aren't bad either. Looks like you guys had a fun FILLED day. Thanks for sharing.