Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Bear Project (that wasn't a bear, for me)

Dallin really wanted to build a windmill for one of his scouting projects. I took one look at the plans and new immediately that this was a job for Grandpa Gilroy Super Woodworker. I would have loved to have flown Dallin down for a weekend of building with his Grandpa but flights were a little ridiculous. As it turned out Grandpa was coming up here for Nikki's wedding. So I sent him Dallin's plans and off he went. He brought up the airplane in pieces that needed simple assembling; hammering, glueing, piecing it all together (still completely out of my league).

The finished project was this really cool bi-plane. The propeller spins as the wind blows (which around here is all day long). Dallin is so proud of what he and Grandpa made and I'm so grateful for all the thought and hardwork my dad put into it.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Dallin told me that his grandpa was coming to help him build something. So fun to see the finished project! It is great that are building memories together.

J and J Haroldsen said...

Dallin, you have an amazing mind kiddo. I love when you show me the things you have made. You are so creative and I love that you want to be peter pan. Thank you for being such a good friend.