Sunday, September 21, 2008

That Was Easy


Monday night after looking at three not so tempting rentals Ryan and I toured a few homes for sale with our realtor. I was determined not to be impressed because I had my heart set on building a home in the neighborhood just North of ours. Our realtor suggested a home that wasn't on our list, because it wasn't in our price range, and we reluctantly went to look at it.

If I could make a list of everything I've ever wanted in a home, down to the nitpicky details, this home had it. It's completely finished, yard in, with a huge kitchen, etc. Basically, it's like pressing the Easy button. It's like taking everything we'd ever hope to eventually have in a home, right now. And the best part is, it will cost less than it would to build it all. It's kind of a no brainer.

Another great part about all this is that it is still within the school boundaries so the kids don't have to change schools.

Now all we have to do is wait for the loans to close. The people buying our home are hoping to close on Tuesday, and our lender thinks we can be ready to close by Wed. or Thurs. That was fast! Ryan says we might be able to move into our new home this weekend. It seems to good to be true and I keep waiting for the roof to collapse on top of me because it just doesn't seem like things should be this easy.

The only hard part, besides packing (which isn't as bad as I thought it would be), is saying goodbye to a neighborhood we've lived in for just over 8 years. I have so many truly great friends here and it blows my mind to think that I might not see them as often anymore. But I'm still close and it's just going to take more of an effort on my part. And of course, there's always the Neighborhood Retreat!

So, we're off and running, pursuing a dream we hope to come true.

11 comments:

Kelly M said...

I love the new family picture! We will miss having you guys across the street. I guess it was going to happen sooner or later.

Erin said...

Oh, I am so happy for you guys and so sad at the same time. Congratulations on everything. I am ao glad that it had been so easy. That's when you know it's right. We'll miss you, but yeah, at least we have the neighborhood retreat.

misha~sha-sha said...

Wow! Congrats and I'm jealous. Mine still hasn't sold. I can't wait to see the new place and good luck with the move. That easy button sounds like a good thing!

Breanne said...

Wahoo!! So excited for you! Also, love the new blog photos. way to go!

Toad said...

I love your family picture by the way. I drove by your new home today right after church. It is so cute. You need to invite us over when you get settled! Even though I knew it was coming, it seems so sad to think about you moving!! I'm glad you have a blog that we can keep in touch.

Lori said...

You know this one is right! Can I borrow your easy button the next time I buy and sell a home?

Amy said...

That is so awesome you found your "dream"home already finished! I can't wait to see pictures!

J and J Haroldsen said...

Your sister did an EXCELLENT job on your pictures!! The kids look great. Okay, I'm just glad you aren't moving far away...like Grand Junction or something!! Your new home looks beautiful.

Jill said...

So sad to see you go! But at the same time I am excited for you to moving on to a new house. Glad that it is still close and the kids don't have to change schools. I hope that it all goes as you hope it will!

Brigette-boo said...

That is so amazing how it all came together! Your pictures are SO good! you all look great. good luck with the moving!

Susan said...

Hi Lauren! I'm so glad to see that you have a blog--it's such a fun way to stay in touch! Your family is beautiful!!!