Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dallin is a ...

Dallin wins the Superstar award this week. The kids had UEA/Fall break this weekend. I didn't have any great plans except Cameron was going to spend the night with her cousins on Thursday and then we were going to meet up on Friday to go rollerskating and do some other fun stuff. Well I woke up Friday morning with the stomach flu. Ryan told Dallin he was in charge and before he even left for work Dallin was unloading the dishwasher.

For the next few hours I stayed in bed and listened as Dallin patiently took care of Eden and Austin. He put on their shoes and jackets and took them outside to play. He even made lunch for them and then put them both down for naps.

I was especially impressed when he tried to calm Austin down as he threw a major tantrum for forty minutes after his nap. We eventually had to call Dad home because Austin had seriously lost it. But the whole time I kept thinking, "Dallin is amazing. He has more patience than I do."

Unfortunately we weren't able to make it roller skating on Friday. I wanted to make it up to Dallin by taking him to the movies Saturday but, of course, he woke up with the flu and was so sick all day he never left the bathroom. He slept on our tile floor for about four hours.

So this is my tribute to my Superstar son who came to my rescue when I was sick and then suffered the same fate. I am so proud of his ability to love and sacrifice for his family.

3 comments:

Lori said...

This great story about Dallin comes as no surprise! I can easily imagine him running his little household. Please tell him how much we all miss having him around our home. :)

Dani said...

Way to go Dallin!!! Want to come visit us in TX the next time I get sick? :) Love you!

Aunt Dani

Amy said...

How fabulous is that! I hope Liam is as good of a big brother someday! But, you have really great kids anyways.