Friday, October 31, 2008

All Hallowes Eve; From Morn 'till Midnight


8:00 am

I don't usually have entries this long but this was a pretty big day and I think the length of this entry only emphasizes the true size of this special day.

It all began not so bright but very early. It was my turn to drive for carpool and I needed to get Cameron's makeup done, finally (she's been waiting weeks for this). I thought I might have Ryan's help until I woke up at 3:30 am and realized he was just barely getting home from his trip. Ugh.

We finally managed to get Cameron back from the dead, Dallin the "Hot Dog", Austin the frog, and Eden partially ready as Sleeping Beauty. And then we were off for school.


10:00 -12:00 pm
Eden's Birthday Party

First, the kids decorated crowns but this was really a Baking Birthday party so we set the crowns aside to dry, put on our aprons and got busy making cookies...

and mini pizzas. I couldn't have done it without Grandma's help.

The girls ate their pizzas and decorated their cookies.

And just before we ran out of time we blew out the candles and opened presents.



What a bunch of cuties! Eden had so much fun.
1:00 pm
East Meadows Elementary Halloween Costume Parade

My sister in law Joy. Her daughter Katy says, "My mom rocks!"


Cameron back from the dead.


My son, the "Hot Dog".
3:30 - 4:30 pm
Trick or Treating at Novell

5:00 pm
Eden finally gets to open her presents from the family.

It was worth the wait.


6:00 pm
Trick or Treating in the old neighborhood with the Mickelsens.


Ryan took the bigger kids so they wouldn't be slowed down by the little ones. It was a good thing too because Eden had to tell every neighbor who they were dressed up as and that it was her birthday.

After about five houses I asked Austin if he wanted to get out. He said "no" and spent the next forty five minutes eating candy out of his bucket while I pushed him and Aleeya in the stroller.


It was a long day but so much fun.

5 comments:

Kelly M said...

Pretty awesome and long day. And you babysat my kids during the class parties with a smile! You are amazing.

Jacque said...

Wow, that sounded, um, crazy! Looks like everyone had lots of fun. I love Dallin's costume, and Cameron actually looked scary! I didn't know that was possible!

Barney Family said...

Awesome day, but aren't you oh-so-glad it's over. I refuse to do anything for at least 3 weeks! Your kids' costumes are great!

misha~sha-sha said...

Sounds like my Halloween plus a birthday party. How on earth did you manage that?

Stephanie T said...

You still are super mom! I love seeing the pictures of the old mountains and neighborhood. We miss them!