Saturday, October 4, 2008

Groundhog Day

For those of you who are wondering why we haven't moved yet I would like to explain what's been going on. I actually started an entry a few days ago but it was so negative I deleted it all. It's been a rough couple of weeks.

To say the least, I feel like I'm stuck in that movie, Groundhog Day. Every day I wake up to see boxes all over my room and think, this will be the day my Realtor will call and tell me, "come sign the papers to close on your home." But instead if I get a phone call, (usually I break down and call him first) he says "they need more documents, it will be a few more days." I think they've been to underwriting five times now.

As of Friday though, everything had come back from underwriting and they thought we could sign papers that afternoon, but of course, there was a new problem, and now they think it will be Monday.

So I sit, and wait, and wait, and wait. I think if a person could spontaneously self combust from frustration I would have exploded, last Wednesday to be exact. But I decided instead to change my attitude and try to exercise a little more patience. The lady moving into our home is nine months pregnant and I'm sure this has all been just as difficult for her as it has been for me. There are so many lives in fact that are affected by this sell that I really can't complain that I'm the only one suffering. Plus I read the Ensign for this month and was reminded that God doesn't want us to complain anyway, but to exercise Hope and Faith.

So after all the despair I felt on Wednesday I woke up Thursday and decided to start excercising some of that Hope and Faith. Friday's news was the best so far and everyone is really positive that we can be done with all of this on Monday and I can move on Wednesday. There is still a small part of me that thinks, yeah right. But I'm trying to smother that thought with a more positive attitude.

For those of you wondering what happened Wednesday, it actually all started Tuesday evening when I got the call from my Realtor that they were missing more documents and it would be a few more days. Which I quickly interpreted to mean we wouldn't be able to move this weekend which in turn meant that we might move next week. Cameron's getting baptized next Saturday and it felt too overwhelming to think of trying to do both things in the same week. Then after that upsetting phone call I discovered that Austin had made a mess all over the carpet in the basement (which took two days to get really clean). I woke up Wednesday morning angry and depressed that things weren't working out and I knew I needed to pull it together because I had to be at the school that morning for the Reflections Assembly. I was trying to get Cameron's hair done so we could all get out the door, when she said she didn't feel very well. All of the sudden her head fell on the counter and then she collapsed to the floor. I screamed for Ryan and it took almost a minute to wake her up. We're pretty sure she just locked her knees which caused her to faint but it was so scary and made me even more emotional. Hence the feeling of wanting to self-combust. Cameron was fine, and by the end of the day I had the carpets clean and life was back to normal but that's when I realized I needed to change my attitude or I wouldn't survive this change.

So, that's where we're at. I've been dying to put up a post that says, "We're Moving," but I'm just going to have to keep waiting.

3 comments:

Barney Family said...

I'm sorry--I've been wondering, but not wanting to bug you--same as you with me this summer. How 'bout if after the baptism we have all the guys bring a change of clothes and get the move done? No-one would mind, I'm sure. Doug says he's up for it. It would be nice to be able to help out!

Dani said...

Hugs for you...how frustrating! I've been meaning to call and get an update, but didn't want to bug you! That's all you need are phone calls just to emphasize the waiting game! Just remember the easy button and hang in there...we're praying for you guys! We're just sad we're not there to help carry boxes too!

Jacque said...

Oh man! I hope Cameron is okay. I hope everything works out with the move and Cameron's baptism. We wouldn't mind helping you one evening during the week, either. Take care.