Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gilroy Family Reunion - Day 5

Mammoth Cave

This was pretty exciting. There are these caves (actually lava tubes) out in the middle of the forest. Some are bigger than others but the kids had a blast crawling as far as they could go. I put glow bracelets on everyone to keep track of everybody, which was really helpful. Unhelpful, not having enough flashlights. The floor of the caves is very rocking and sometimes slippery and the ceiling is unpredictable. I didn't even realize how crazy it was until I took pictures and saw things much more clearly with the flash.





Archery
Sunday afternoon we borrowed bows and arrows from the front desk for a little archery practice. It was the only thing Dallin was really dying to do. I have to admit - it was awesome! My very first try I nailed the target! I think that was one of the coolest feelings in my life.

Ryan, of course, was really good and hit the center target more than once. Sometimes it's so unfair that he has to be good at everything. (Othertimes it's pretty helpful.)

I was so proud of Dallin. He hit the target several times and I was really impressed with his good form.



No comments: