Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gilroy Family Reunion - Day 6

Bryce National Park

I love hiking through Bryce. We got a little more cooperation out of the kids this time since the weather was so much better. We took the Navajo Loop trail until it connected with the Sunrise trail. Overall it was 3 miles and I was really proud of Dallin and Cameron. Cameron even beat us all to the top. Eden gave up about 20 min. before the end. There was some drama but we eventually got her there too.



Once again Ryan carried Austin in the backpack. It was pretty funny to hear the comments people made as they passed him. (I always end up at the back trying to keep Eden going). Some of the comments I heard were,
"Man, that guys in really good shape." (That was actually when he was also carrying Eden and going uphill).
This one was from a young couple as they passed. Wife says, "so, which one of us do you think would be carrying that thing?" Husband says, "not me."
And finally, a Dad with several young kids in tow, "That's a good dad."
I think so too.

No comments: