Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What Day Did School Start?

So somewhere in the middle of family reunions and company last week school started again for Dallin and Cameron. No, they don't have new school clothes, or backpacks, or lunch boxes. I haven't even gone through their boxes of homework from last year to take pictures of all the hard work they did. And now, a new year has begun. I feel like it has taken off and left me behind.

We did make it home from the reunion in time to meet their new teachers at the Open House. Cameron's excited because she has all her friends in her class again. Dallin, well, I think he'd rather stay home with his Dad but neither of them have that choice.

Eden and Austin both start preschool in two weeks. Maybe by then I'll be a little more prepared. But it seems like Eden and Austin are stuck with scatterbrained, busy mom instead of the calm always on top of things mom that Dallin and Cameron got.

3 comments:

Toad said...

I feel a little like you too. I did get there school shopping done (with help from my mom), but I haven't gone through there papers from last year either. It's been on my to do list for awhile, but other more important things keep getting in the way (like sitting here relaxing while I look at a few blogs :)
I don't know what it is, but it seems like things get faster and busier each year. If that is the case, I don't look forward to Jr. High or High School.
Good Luck!!

Stephanie T said...

I am totally with you. It feels like it should be July of 2006. I am so unprepared to have a 5th grader.

Hope you guys have a great school year. And thank you for the kind comment on my blog, it really made my day. And just so you know...you are one of those ladies I am always admiring too!

mreay said...

It's crazy how fast it came this year! I feel scatterbrained too...but you always seemed so calm and collected. It not, that makes me feel better! I hope your kids have a great year!