Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jammy Surprise

A few months ago I was shopping at the outlet stores and found some super warm, super soft Carter's jammies. I thought they would make great Christmas gifts so I picked some up for Cameron, Eden, and Austin. Well, a few weeks ago, when it started getting really cold, I realized the kids current jammies just weren't warm enough, or big enough (my kids never seem to stop growing). I discussed giving them their jammies early with Ryan and he agreed it was a good idea. He told the kids if they cleaned up all their toys before bedtime that we would have a surprise for them. I was sitting down working on Christmas presents when the kids came up after they were done so Ryan brought out their "surprises". There were lots of oooh's and ahhhh's and trying them on. It was great.

Finally, it was bedtime. Ryan sent them upstairs to brush their teeth and as Austin got to the top he stopped and very enthusiastically yelled, "These jammies are AWESOME!! THANKS DAD!!"

Wait a minute. I looked at Ryan and he started laughing hysterically. Why is it that I do all the work and all he has to do is hand it to them and he gets all the thanks? He thought it was great, of course but did explain to Austin that mommy bought the jammies just for him and I got a belated "thanks mom". It wasn't as enthusiastic as the first one though.

No comments: