Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Peter

For Eden's birthday she got a cat. (It has a little something to do with the mouse we found running around in our bathtub at 2:30 am.) We spent a few days looking at different kittens. I knew this little guy was the right one for us because he was very patient as Eden and Austin took turns holding him. As we drove home with him sitting on Eden's lap I asked her what we should call him. We discussed a few ideas but I told her maybe we should wait until Dallin and Cameron were home to see what ideas they had. Eden says, "or maybe we could just call him Peter." So we did.

Peter has been a very good cat. He's incredibly patient considering how the kids handle him (especially Austin). Eden has taken at least 100 pictures of him. I narrowed it down to these two. I think he's actually "posing".

The other night we checked on Eden and found Peter sleeping above her head. He takes turns at night jumping in bed with the kids. He's tried ours a few times but was swiftly removed. This particular night I went back upstairs to check on Eden one more time and saw that she had actually rolled over and was sleeping on the cat. Like I said, he's very patient.

He's also very playful and will roll around with anything that's fuzzy. He's destroyed a few toy mice I've gotten him but has a particular fettish for a snowman ornament on the Christmas tree.

This morning Eden had him wrapped up in several blankets and was snuggling with him in the rocking chair. Did I mention he's a patient cat? He's been so easy to take care of and fun to have around but the best thing is... I haven't seen another mouse.