Monday, August 2, 2010

Poor Cameron

On Saturday the 17th we were invited to a BBQ and swim party at the neighbors house. Ryan took the kids and I stayed home because I wasn't feeling well. The morning sickness has gotten a lot better but some days it still overwhelms me. About an hour after they left Ryan called and said he was running home with Cameron. He said she broke her tooth at the pool and was really upset and told me to start looking for an emergency dentist. I didn't know there was such a thing but I did know two dentists. The first lives in our neighborhood but he wasn't home. The second I only knew by name. His son was in Dallin's class and I met his wife on a fieldtrip. Amazingly he was still home on a Saturday night and agreed to meet us at his office.

Poor Cameron was hurting and so upset. I was so grateful to this compassionate dentist for his tenderness with her. He took xrays and said it was close to the nerve but that he thought she would be okay without a root canal. At the mention of root canal she started to cry all over again. He put a filling over the break and said he would try to get her in the next week to put a bond on the tooth but that he was worried because he was booked solid from 7 in the morning until almost 7 at night.

Every day the next week Cameron asked me if the dentist called yet. She was worried about having to go to our family reunion with a broken tooth. I told her to be patient and that he was really busy. By Wednesday she couldn't stop talking about it. She told me she was going to pray and ask Heavenly Father to please bless her to get her tooth fixed this week. She said she prayed five times. I secretly prayed in my heart too that her prayer would be answered. Wednesday night at 5 the dentist office called and said they were going to squeeze her in on Thursday morning. Sometimes I'm still surprised by how much Heavenly Father cares about us and our fears and concerns. It's small miracles like these that really mean a lot to me and show me he hears and answers each of our prayers because he loves us. It makes me feel a little less helpless as a parent.

Cameron spent two hours on Thursday at the dentist. He did an excellent job fixing her tooth. I can't even tell it was broken. I know it was a huge sacrifice for him since she isn't even his patient and I will forever be grateful for his service.

1 comment:

Nikki Jenson said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony and good job to Cameron for hanging onto her faith!