Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's A ....

I had my ultrasound yesterday.  I can't really post a picture because none of them turned out very good but we were still able to see, very clearly, that we're going to have another little girl.  Everything looked really good and she was even measuring right to her due date, which never happens.  Usually the ultrasound guy tells me that my due date should actually be 5 - 7 days later based on the size of the baby.  And since none of my kids have ever really ended up too small I'm thinking this little girl is sizing up to be just like Eden, a big fat pink baby.  She also never sat still the entire time.  He was trying to blame it on some caffeinated drink he thought I had that morning. I told him it was actually called water.  So if water gets her all riled up it will be interesting to see what she's like when she can move outside of a confined space.  She may just give Austin a run for his money.

Today we're off to Park City to buy something pink, Eden's choice, of course.  She's been waiting to shop for this baby for the past 14 weeks.

10 comments:

Nikki Jenson said...

Congratulations Lauren! I totally thought you were having another boy! I am so excited to see this new little girl!

Dustin and Jamie said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. Have fun shopping!!

Breanne said...

Congratulations! We've tipped the odds in favor of the girls!

Amy said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you and hope you are feeling better!

Jacque said...

That's so wonderful! I woke up yesterday so excited for you! Yay for little girls. She has some wonderful older siblings to look up to. Congratulations!

Ross and Kathy said...

Congratulations Smiths. We hope that you are feeling well and taking steps to be really healthy for this little girl. Wouldn't it be fun to have a 1-11-11 birthday? Maybe Bre could plan 11-11-11 birthday.

Karin said...

You have such pretty girls, I'm so excited for you! Have fun shopping!

Barney Family said...

That's awesome!! I'm really excited, too. Enjoy being able to say "she" instead of "it" now!

Kelly M said...

I was hoping for a girl! Congratulations! PS Girls are way more fun then boys to shop for...I am already looking at something for that cute little baby!

misha~sha-sha said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you guys. I hope you had fun buying pink things and now we get little girls in the same grade!