Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow Day!

They actually canceled school today.  From what I hear it's the first time in about 30 years that our school district has canceled school for a snow day.  Poor Eden was so sad because today was the school's annual field trip to see a holiday movie at the movie theater.  They had 11 buses lined up to take all 900 students to the movie.  It would have been Eden's first time.  The other kids are also missing their class Christmas parties.

Instead they got to spend the morning digging us out.


I think we got about 20 inches of snow in the past 24 hours.  Crazy.  It's not the most snow we've ever gotten but it did prevent anyone from getting out of their driveways in any kind of hurry.  My neighbor said it was a good thing I didn't go into labor because I wouldn't have been able to leave.  That stressed me out a little, until they were done shoveling.


Ryan and the kids worked pretty hard but I think they actually enjoyed it.







I am one shovel short so Austin had to share with Eden.  He was pretty frustrated about that and sat on this bucket in a huff.  After I took this picture he asked me if I could help him put his glove back on because he had an itch on his nose and had to take the glove off to scratch it.  Cute kid.


It finally stopped snowing by one o'clock this afternoon and Dallin and Austin were able to finish uncovering the walkway so the UPS man could make it to our front door.   I appreciated that since those last few packages are so important (the ones Ryan ordered for me).  :)

Now the kids are working on some snow caves and trying to convince the cat to play with them.  It ought to be interesting.

No comments: