Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Camping Up American Fork Canyon

That afternoon Ryan took the kids for one last campout before school started.



Mostly I think he just wanted to try out a little off roading in his new truck.


It looks like they managed to get everything set up before it got too dark and had a tasty dinner of roasted hot dogs.  For some reason those always taste better cooked over an open fire like that.


Dr. Jekyl


or is it Mr. Hyde?


What is it with men and fire?


I guess the bigger it is the better to roast marshmallows.



C'mon Dallin, just get up.  It's not that cold outside.


Ryan says this is just before Dallin slipped off and fell into the river.



Ryan loves taking pictures.  There were about a million pictures of the river but this one was my favorite.


Their final destination was Cascade Springs.  We've had such a wet summer that the water was still flowing, even in August.


I guess Eden slipped and landed in some mud and Ryan told her to wash it off.


This is the token "group" picture just for me.  Ryan loves taking pictures of nature and I love pictures with people in them, especially all the kids.


I must admit, some of his nature pictures are pretty cool.


All in all the kids and Ryan had a great time and it was a good farewell to summer vacation.

2 comments:

Stephanie T said...

I'm so jealous of that fire! We've been on a burn ban since February and it's getting really old.

Especially because it is prime camping season right now. Nice truck too!

Ross and Kathy said...

That sleeping arrangement looks way nicer than anything I ever had. Whatever happened to "roughing it".